3rd - 8th Grade League Information
CYBA Update as of 10.20.2020
Thanks everyone for bearing with us while our decision making process has taken shape. We want to also thank the school for being so willing to work with us, to give the kids an opportunity to play. CYBA has decided to offer open gyms per grade/gender, each weekend, at no charge. We will start on Saturday, October 31st and run 5 weekends, through Saturday, December 5th (with the exception of Thanksgiving weekend). As always, please follow guidelines such as not sending your child if they have been sick or exposed to Covid/in quarantine. Here are some key callouts:
Supervision and numbers
- We will be limiting attendance in the school to 30 people per gym (including kids and adult supervisors)
- Supervisors will not be allowed to bring younger or older children
- We will require 2 adults per open gym if all slots are full (if we don’t meet this requirement, we will need to cancel); if we have more than 2 adults sign up, we will select the 1st 2 who signed up
- This will be basketball focused only – supervisors should ensure proper behavior and gym etiquette is followed (no kicking balls, throwing balls at people, poor attitudes/bullying…etc); failure of any child to follow these expectations can result in being asked to leave (calling the emergency number to have child picked up) and being prevented from participation in future open gyms
- Cancellation could happen at any time due to changing covid requirements or updates (always check the Facebook page and Website for updates prior to your open gym time)
- If your child is in the West gym, they should enter and exit through the Elementary entrance (no walking through the school)
- South and North gyms will enter and exit through the activities entrance
- Open gym slots will be per grade & gender for 60-90 minute slots, with 30 minutes in between sessions between 10am and 5pm
- Masks required at all times from school entry to school exit (adults and kids), which includes while playing
- No one should enter the school outside of your child who is attending open gym (including no waiting in the common areas)
- Do not arrive more than 5 minutes prior to gym start time and exit promptly upon ending time
- All kids should bring their own basketball (we will have 1 bag of balls in the North gym if someone forgets, but all balls need to be returned)
- Kids need to bring clean gym shoes to change into
- If you know your child can’t attend their previously signed up open gym space, please cancel in the event we have others waiting to attend or to get an accurate numbers count
- Signup genius will come out on Monday mornings for the coming weekend
- By signing up, you are accepting the covid waiver
- All signups should have an emergency contact number listed for a parent or guardian
- 10/31/20 - Click here to sign-up.
- 11/07/20 - Click here to sign-up.
- 11/14/20 - Click here to sign-up.
- 11/21/20 - Sign-up coming soon.
- 12/05/20 - Sign-up coming soon.
Scholarships & Gear Available
Need-based scholarships and gear are available. Every year generous donors allow financial hurdles to be overcome for many of those looking to participate.