3rd - 8th Grade League Information
During these uncertain times we remain dedicated to our mission and feel now, more than ever, kids deserve, and need, an opportunity to participate in CYBA. Due to COVID-19 the Fargo-Moorhead Youth Basketball League, FMYBL, in which CYBA is a member and consists of other local metro schools has cancelled the 2020 season. In consultation with the Central Cass Administration the CYBA Board of Directors has worked diligently to develop a plan we feel allows our kids to participate in a familiar and safe environment. As a result of this collaboration our kids WILL have an opportunity to play basketball this fall. The unusual circumstances COVID-19 presents makes this plan fluid with little notice. We ask for everyone’s understanding as we tread through uncharted waters.
The information provided below is based off Central Cass School District operating in “Green” status. Accommodations are in place if we move to “Yellow” and will be shared at that time.
What you need to know:
- Boys-3rd through 8th grade and girls in 3rd through 6th grade are eligible to participate in 2020; schedule accommodations are made for 5th/6th grade girls playing school basketball to allow participation in both as seasons overlap for a period of time
- 1 practice per week with an emphasis on developing skills through fundamental drills
- No practices will be held on Wednesdays, Fridays or Saturdays
- 1 Competition Day per week – 5 total weeks of competition
- Cost-$100/player, $75/player for families with 2 players, $50/player for families with 3+ players
- Confidential scholarships are available-Request via email@example.com
- CYBA is partnering with Scheels for up to 25% discounts on basketball gear for registrants
- CYBA hopes to have some drill session leadership from the JV/Varsity G + BBB Program
- 10/26/20 - First week of practices.
- 10/31/20, 11/7/20, 11/14/20, 11/21/20, 12/5/20 - Competition days.
- Register by October 20, 2020 or a $25 late fee will be charged.
- We will use Central Cass School District’s COVID-19 guidelines as outlined on the school website at https://www.central-cass.k12.nd.us/domain/185.
- All participants will be required to complete a COVID-19 waiver.
Registration Now Open!
Register now for the 2020 3rd - 8th grade league.
Scholarships & Gear Available
Need-based scholarships and gear are available. Every year generous donors allow financial hurdles to be overcome for many of those looking to participate.